Swollen sacs after neuter

Have a question about your rabbit's health?
This is the place to discuss illnesses and injuries.
Its usually best to seek veterinary advice if you are concerned.

Moderators: nytquill17, fuzzy-rabbit.com, Bindi, Angie

Forum rules
Please seek vet advice for any issues. This forum is not a substitute for professional vet advice.

Swollen sacs after neuter

Postby winky » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:01 am

Hello,

I have just adopted a male rabbit who had been desex 2 days prior. When i picked him up boths his sacs were swollen to the size of a grape. Is this normal? I'm between houses at the moment so staying at my folks place and my mum is taking our cat to the vet today, so is going to ask them if he needs to come in but just wondering if anyone has come across this. He's eating heaps and is seems fine (although its hard to tell with buns).
winky

Re: Swollen sacs after neuter

Postby Bindi » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:59 am

Sorry about the delay.

Did you adopt him via a formal agency? I find it slightly amazing that you were allowed to take him home so soon after surgery.

With my local vets, they allow for free follow up appointments within 10 days, so it might be worth asking the people who got him neutered if this is the case for their vets and if he can be taken for a checkup. I don't have much personal experience with rabbit neutering however I expect some swelling is a normal reaction but if it is concerning you then having him checked is probably the best thing.
Fuzzy Rabbit Moderator- please PM me if you have any complaints/queries etc.
I hope that you enjoy the forum!
Bindi

How to redact my profile

Postby Cymnlymnfoola » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:11 am

Such splendid.
Cymnlymnfoola

Return to Rabbit health