To be spayed, peeing in bed and biting others

Have a question about your rabbit's health?
This is the place to discuss illnesses and injuries.
Its usually best to seek veterinary advice if you are concerned.

Moderators: nytquill17,, Bindi, Angie

Forum rules
Please seek vet advice for any issues. This forum is not a substitute for professional vet advice.

To be spayed, peeing in bed and biting others

Postby avarabbit » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:20 am

My rabbit Ava is 1 yr old we adopted her a few weeks ago and she has become extremely attached to me ( she was previously neglected) and she licks me ALOT, however when running about the floor she poos ALOT and whenever anyone but myself enter the room she goes mental!!! She bites, kicks and scratches them!! Until they exit and she comes back and snuggles next to me. Also she like lying on my bed (her cage is in my bedroom) at first it was nice but as she got more comfortable she started ALWAYS peeing on my bed, if I put a towel down she will move it and pee on my bed! She is going to be spayed on the 3rd of December (Monday) and I have started attempting to litter train her ( and completely failing). My question is, after recovery will she be easier to be litter train and not as as aggressive towards others in my bed room, and will she stop peeing and pooing every where (and I mean EVERYWHERE!)
Thanks, Ellie & Ava

Re: To be spayed, peeing in bed and biting others

Postby jennyc1013 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:04 am

Well done for taking her on!
Buns do tend to pee and poo everywhere to start with, as they are establishing their territory. Spaying usually helps loads, especially with girls! It should make litter training etc easier, and should stop her peeing as much on your bed, and also make her less aggressive to others entering her territory (ie your room!). It does take a while (around a month sometimes) for the hormones to settle, so don't expect an immediate change!
Buns - Custard. RIP Flopsy baby
Rats - RIP Ermine and Polecat
Cockatiel - Billy

Postby littleblacky » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:29 am

Also for litter box training this is what I did(It worked!!!!Lol!) I set a litter box in the room and put hay'n'treats in the litter box. So while he was eating he went to the bathroom! I mean it took about a week but it was worth it! :D
My baby boy, Little Blacky

Postby Bindi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 am

Topic locked due to attracting spambots. If you want to post in this thread (and are not a spambot :wink: ) please pm me.
Fuzzy Rabbit Moderator- please PM me if you have any complaints/queries etc.
I hope that you enjoy the forum!

Return to Rabbit health