Poor little Oren has a bladder stone :(

Have a question about your rabbit's health?
This is the place to discuss illnesses and injuries.
Its usually best to seek veterinary advice if you are concerned.

Moderators: nytquill17, fuzzy-rabbit.com, Bindi, Angie

Forum rules
Please seek vet advice for any issues. This forum is not a substitute for professional vet advice.

Poor little Oren has a bladder stone :(

Postby Bindi » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:22 am

I noticed that my little boy was urinating a substance that was like wet sand... since I lost my income I am now completely skint and couldn't take him to the vets myself, so I spoke to the rescue centre he came from and she agreed to have a look at him. One prod later, she felt a large bladder stone and rushed him to the vets. He had an operation this morning to remove it and last I heard he is recovering well. The poor lady from the rescue is recovering too... from the bill... £400 :shock:

Obviously it could reoccur so lots of research now...
Fuzzy Rabbit Moderator- please PM me if you have any complaints/queries etc.
I hope that you enjoy the forum!
Bindi

Re: Poor little Oren has a bladder stone :(

Postby BrunosMama » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:20 am

Oh no! I hope he's doing better. Can't say the same for the pocket book though. :( Hopefully he won't have another and hopefully you'll be back on your feet soon too :) Happy thoughts and nose rubs your way!
BrunosMama

Postby Bindi » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:39 am

Well, after the op the rescue lady noticed that he was rather sad, wasn't walking properly and seemed to be in pain, so he went back to the vets twice... the second time, today, they took an x-ray from a different angle and found out that he has a deformed spine, which must have been aggravated by the position he was in for the surgery. He's on strong painkillers now and it is hoped that within a reasonable timeframe, he might cheer up again and revert to coping with it as he was before, but if he does not, he'll have to be put down :cry:
Bindi

Postby BrunosMama » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:57 am

Oh no! :( Will keep thinking happy thoughts for you and Oren.
BrunosMama

Postby Bindi » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:34 am

Thank you. I've just been to see him and he did look a bit upset but as time went on I think he's not too distressed to give him some time (but if there is no change in his movement or attitude after a time, I think unless he responds to some kind of wheelchair rig up, it's just not fair on him). He could just about stand for a while as long as he had traction under his paws (and it was some effort) but he couldn't walk unaided (he did have a little roam on the carpet with the aid of a well placed hand). Clearly there is some major deficit in that right back leg, it was angled underneath him and getting in the way. He's still eating like a glutton though, which was more soothing to see. When he was in his cage I was getting Bandit flashbacks, which was upsetting. He seemed more content when I sat him on my lap. Unfortunately since he's not mobile, he has also urinated all over himself and had to be cleaned up.

In contrast, Pandora was like "who are you??"
Bindi

Return to Rabbit health