Bunny hurt by cat attack!!

Have a question about your rabbit's health?
This is the place to discuss illnesses and injuries.
Its usually best to seek veterinary advice if you are concerned.

Moderators: nytquill17, fuzzy-rabbit.com, Bindi, Angie

Forum rules
Please seek vet advice for any issues. This forum is not a substitute for professional vet advice.

What to do if bunny is attacked by a cat and hurt?

Please tell me what to do.
No votes
Please e-mail me as soon as possible!
100%

Total votes : 1

Bunny hurt by cat attack!!

Postby stcktnlinda » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:16 am

Dear Fuzzy, I have a big female rabbit that runs around our apartment unit. I take care of it, I also feed a lot of stray cats, so I leave it a bowl of cat food ( she eats) and fresh water every day. I also try to keep the cats and dogs away from her. She had 3 babies under my house, when they started coming out I tried to keep an eye on them but one got attacked by a cat and crawled under the house and died. Today another one got attacked at 8:15 this am. and it's 3:00 and it's still alive. But it's hurt real bad I don't know if it has a broken leg but when you put it down it just flops over,and every once in a while it screams like a little baby. I think it may be in shock. A cat had him by the back of the neck and was shaking him like a rag doll until my brother came by and saw what was going on and the cat ran. what can I do? Can I nurse it back to health by giving it milk and water and grass, or should I let my husband put him out of misery? I don't think the mother will nurse it because when I put him and he was crying the mother just walked around him smelling him and then took off.
stcktnlinda

Postby fuzzy-rabbit.com » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:46 pm

Hi,

Please take the bunny to a vet, animal shelter, carer or any other type of rescue ASAP.

The bunny could have spine or brain damage.

The mother rabbit will likely reject the baby if its not where she left it, and/or if it smells different (which it would). So even if the baby is ok, its very likely that the mother rabbit will no longer look after the baby.
Fuzzy-rabbit.com Administrator
contact via
http://www.fuzzy-rabbit.com/contact.htm OR private message (PM)
fuzzy-rabbit.com
Site Admin

Postby chickens.on.a.spaceship » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:38 pm

Take him to a wildlife rescue or hospital. They will nurse him back to health and then re-release him. Good luck. :)
chickens.on.a.spaceship

Postby Schip66 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:03 am

Do not give it any milk. Try to take it to a shelter. Also, try and catch the large rabbit and get her spayed so she doesn't have anymore babies. Good luck.
Schip66

Postby mizuna » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:56 pm

i dont think cat food is very healthy for a bun..

Also, NEVER give your buns dairy products (including milk). It's digestive system is not made for dairy products.

Call a vet, and if it is bleeding, try wrapping a big bandage around it. Make sure its clean, because the wound may be infected.
the veronicas are myy babes.ilyButtons<3
I Support Jess & Lis 4everr.
mizuna

Return to Rabbit health