Forum Guidelines

Have a question about the forum? Help is here.

Moderators: nytquill17, fuzzy-rabbit.com, Bindi

Forum Guidelines

Postby Bindi » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:14 am

While we would like this site to remain friendly, we need some rules to keep the forum in order.. Please respect these rules, they are there for the continued friendly atmosphere in the forum. If you have any complaints, or would like to discuss these guidelines, please PM the moderators.

Please do not:

1. Talk about breeding- this forum is for discussion about pet rabbits and any breeding related posts will be deleted. Fuzzy-rabbit.com does not condone breeding due to the vast number of rabbits dumped at shelters each year.

2. Post advertisements or promote a business- this forum is for discussion about pet rabbits and not for business promotion unless it is directly related to a question about a product or service related to pet rabbits. Any posts not conforming to this guideline will be removed.

3. Post a topic or comment to deliberately cause insult to any user or users, or to incite a discussion or argument on a sensitive topic or topic that may result in posting of an aggressive or insulting manner. Any such topics will be removed, and any attempt to restart them will be deleted and punitive action may be taken with repeat offenders.

4. Anything that may not be construed as child-friendly- we have many young members on this site. Please do not post inappropriate adult topics.

5. Go off topic on a thread. All items must be rabbit related.

6. Please do not openly express your opinions regarding another member or moderator/admin. If you have any complaints about another user, please PM me or one of the admin staff.

7. Please do not use foul or text language. Any swear words will be edited in the posts (or a warning may be given depending on the content) and more mature members of the forum may find text language hard to understand. Text language will also be edited.

8. Please do not give out advice that you know to be false, or give out advice if you are not sure that your information is correct. If you aren’t sure, please say that you aren’t sure.

9. Please do not purposely post in the wrong sections/double post. If a topic has been posted in one forum already, please don’t post it again in another forum.

10. Please do not mention topics that are inappropriate or of an illegal nature, such as mentions of drug use, self-harm or suicide, even in a joking context.

11. Please come back and check these rules before posting if you aren’t sure that your topic is acceptable. If you still aren’t sure, please PM us with the topic beforehand so that we can clear it.

12. Please think about what you are writing before it is posted, in case there may be any intonations that can be misinterpreted- please remember that people cannot tell whether or not you are joking unless you tell them.
Last edited by Bindi on Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
Bindi

Postby Nadika » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:17 am

What about showing rabbits?
AspenGlow and Joshua (the baby)
Nadika

Postby fuzzy-rabbit.com » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:11 pm

Thank you bindi.

The breeding and advertising rules are also in the FAQ link at the top of the forum, in the forum usage sticky post and also mentioned in the agreement displayed when new users register.

So if anyone misses the guidelines, they can't have been looking too hard :D
Fuzzy-rabbit.com Administrator
contact via
http://www.fuzzy-rabbit.com/contact.htm OR private message (PM)
fuzzy-rabbit.com
Site Admin

response to guidelines

Postby amybeth » Mon May 29, 2006 3:38 am

I think the guidelines are great...Just one comment because of my current situation. I fully support the idea that talking about breeding goes against your beliefs as it would have ours as well a few months ago. Sometimes things happen accidentally though and people need to be encouraged to take good care of a pregnant mother and surprise litters. My son and I have found it very difficult to get information from certain sites and pet stores with reference books on rabbit pregnancy and this was frustrating as we realized that the stores didnt offer these books because they were against breeding. We werent trying to breed but this happened BECAUSE a petstore and then a vet both misgendered our beloved rabbit. We ended up at the library which was fine but it took us a while to figure out that most pet stores didnt offer this and why and so it felt like a bit of a run aroundand my son felt guilty. It was difficult to go through the transitioning of renaming and saying she rather than he for everyone in the house and then we really felt very responsible for her with the end of her pregnancy ( we took her to the vet once she was acting very strange) and wanted to ensure the safety of all of the animals obviously...I just wanted to say that sometimes people like us need help and information on things which could be under the category of breeding but that for us it was unintentional. We have already found homes for the bunnies and we wouldnt have bred on purpose but now, as responsible pet owners, need and want information to help us do things correctly in the raising of the kits and care for the mother and also to allow us to have fun in the process as we learn more about bunny genetics etc. I hate to think that people who arent as resourceful would end up hurting the babies by neglect or confusion because they have trouble getting basic information or feel ashamed that they have had this happen knowing that most people frown on it since there are so many dying in shelters each day. I am proud of my family for stepping up to this enormous task and wish we had been able to access information quicker without blame.
Thanks for taking this under consideration for your guidelines.
Amy Beth
amybeth

Postby fuzzy-rabbit.com » Mon May 29, 2006 8:19 pm

Hello Amy Beth,

We have no problems helping people who are caught in a situation where they have a pregnant rabbit and do not know how to care for her or her kits.

What we do not condone is the deliberate breeding of rabbits, whether it be for fun or for money. Despite the guidelines and stance against breeding on the website, we receive many requests enquiring about breeding , where to find rabbits to breed with etc, which is most disappointing.

I applaud your resourcefulness and responsibility in handling the pregnancy of your rabbit - you set a great example of rabbit care :D
Fuzzy-rabbit.com Administrator
contact via
http://www.fuzzy-rabbit.com/contact.htm OR private message (PM)
fuzzy-rabbit.com
Site Admin

Postby little_lop_bunny » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:27 pm

Hi they are great rules. i just wanted to know if your rabbit has babies and one of them gets sick are we allowed to talk about that?
little_lop_bunny

Postby Bindi » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:51 pm

Yes, although I hope that you never need to :wink:
Fuzzy Rabbit Moderator- please PM me if you have any complaints/queries etc.
I hope that you enjoy the forum!
Bindi

Postby Bindi » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:00 pm

[quote="Nadika"]What about showing rabbits?[/quote]

Talking about showing rabbits isn't against the rules as long as breeding isn't mentioned :wink:
Fuzzy Rabbit Moderator- please PM me if you have any complaints/queries etc.
I hope that you enjoy the forum!
Bindi

Postby Bunman » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:04 am

One other point: Please do not multiple-post (posting the same message on more than one board). Any extra posts will be removed to save space & "clean up" the forum. Thank you.
Bunman, CoMod

"There is nothing like a bun
Nothing in the world!"
Paraphrased from the musical SOUTH PACIFIC

Thank you Tigress Dawn for the siggie

Bunman

Return to Forum questions, usage and help