RIP Solar

For people who have lost a bunny.....

Moderators: nytquill17, fuzzy-rabbit.com, Bindi

RIP Solar

Postby aspiekid0101 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:45 pm

Hi folks,

I haven't been on this forum for a very long time, but I came by to say that our gorgeous beloved bunny Solar passed away this afternoon. :(

In the weeks leading up to the holiday season last year, she had a bit of a problem with her eye, which the vet originally dismissed as an eye infection and gave her drops for us to use. When that didn't work, we took her back and after digging deeper, they found she was having teeth issues (she'd begun drooling a lot in the next week), along with a scabby lump developing under her dewlap and they'd suggested they do a full examination under anesthesia. Upon their examination, they found that the situation was worse than we all thought: both her mouth and chest were riddled with tumours. Since they were beyond treatable and regarding her age (she would have 8 this year), we made the heartbreaking decision to have her put down.

When they confirmed it to me over the phone, I was completely gobsmacked. Despite her symptoms, she'd been her usual perky self despite getting on in years and eating her favorite things and stuff, and all this time she was hiding all this pain. I just couldn't believe it. :( I don't really know what to feel right now.

At least she can binky free with her sister Luna (who died of a suspected heart attack 3 years earlier) now.
aspiekid0101

Return to Rainbow Bridge