Duff-man Returns to where no Shadows fall

For people who have lost a bunny.....

Moderators: nytquill17, fuzzy-rabbit.com, Bindi

Duff-man Returns to where no Shadows fall

Postby The Rabbit! » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:42 am

I lost Duff-Man today. Yesterday he seemed a little out of it. But I checked him over and brought him into the house for a little quality time and he ate and drank when I took him back outside, but this morning, I found him stiff and on his side. One eye open the other closed. I'm really frustrated here cause I have NO idea why he died. Anyone can give me a what's up? I buried the little silver guy right where he lay, and after that planted Grass as a Tribute.

"We Will meet again little fluffy, in a place where No shadows Fall"
From The Great and Powerful Rabbit!
In Memory of, Twinkie and Blue
The Rabbit!

Postby Snugglesworth » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Aw I am so sorry for your loss :(

I couldn't give you an exact reason as to why. But something of note is that bunnies (as prey animals in the wild) are very good at hiding illness, which makes things very difficult for us human companions. So it's always tough because sometimes a bun is "out of it" and just has indigestion that will go away, and sometimes they will be out of it and it can be something serious they are trying to hide. It's just impossible to tell, unfortunately.

It sounds like he got to have a lovely day in the house, though, which I am sure he appreciated, and got to have a lovely tribute, as well.
Snugglesworth

Postby jennyc1013 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:20 am

I'm really sorry to hear this. As snug said, buns are experts at hiding how poorly they are. He had a great life with you after you rescued him.

Binky free duff-bun.
Buns - Custard. RIP Flopsy baby
Rats - RIP Ermine and Polecat
Cockatiel - Billy
jennyc1013

Return to Rainbow Bridge