I have no clue!

For people who have lost a bunny.....

Moderators: nytquill17, fuzzy-rabbit.com, Bindi

I have no clue!

Postby Stephy(: » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:24 am

I cam home from school today to see my rabbit Bandit, dead in his cage! I freaked out.
He had poop everywhere, and he had dumped his water. he was fine yesterday, but maybe he was sick, i have only had him 5 days.
He had food and water, and i .et him out to exercise at least an hour a day. I was going to take him to the vet friday. I just don't know what i did wrong!
Sprawled out and licking me. the day after i got him <3
<3 bandit
Stephy(:

Re: I have no clue!

Postby Bindi » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:44 am

Oh bless his little heart, I'm so sorry :(

Don't blame yourself. You would only be at fault if you knew he was ill and refused him treatment but that's not the case here. You came and asked us about him and he was clearly happy and relaxed with you, so there was no reason for you to believe he was ill at all.

Stress from the unfamiliar environment etc can cause a rabbit to die soon after arriving at their new home, however he didn't appear to have any of these signs. He was eating and toileting normally and he doesn't appear distressed at all in your pics or from what you have said. It seems more likely to me that either he had an underlying condition that you didn't know about or that it was something spontaneous, like something frightened him or... well, anything really, for instance I once took in a rabbit who died after a few days from an allergic reaction. Unfortunately with rabbits, there are just so many ways for them to pass on.

Binky free little Bandit :( hugs to you x
Fuzzy Rabbit Moderator- please PM me if you have any complaints/queries etc.
I hope that you enjoy the forum!
Bindi

Postby nytquill17 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:38 am

Oh no, I'm so sorry! I can only second what Bindi said. Sometimes these things just happen and we don't really get any warning or know why it happened. He was a baby and sometimes they can be born with health problems that take a few weeks to show up, or they can catch a disease from the place they were living before or...all kinds of things. I'm sorry this has happened :(
Thanks, Liv, it's lovely!

"Right, well, listen...gotta dash. There's a thing going. Well actually, four things. Well...four things, and a lizard."
nytquill17

Postby jennyc1013 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:00 pm

Oh no. I'm so sorry. It's awful this happened to you, and as the others said, sometimes bunnies (especially babies) can die without us having a clue that anything was wrong.
Binky free bandit bun.
Buns - Custard. RIP Flopsy baby
Rats - RIP Ermine and Polecat
Cockatiel - Billy
jennyc1013

Return to Rainbow Bridge