Twinkle

For people who have lost a bunny.....

Moderators: nytquill17, fuzzy-rabbit.com, Bindi

Twinkle

Postby Snugglesworth » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:49 pm

With a heavy heart I have to say that Twinkle passed away early last night.

He was riddled with a long history of GI issues, although lately he'd actually been doing better. His pooing seemed healthier / more regular and he seemed pretty chipper. Yesterday, he was pooping/drinking/eating like normal. He was a little lethargic yesterday, that was the only thing that was different. We saw him fall asleep in his tunnel at one point and assumed he was sleeping in there but when we went to check on him later he'd already passed. We never heard a peep from him, and he looked as though he was sleeping, so I am hoping there wasn't any pain or anything.

I wish I knew what happened or if there was somehow something I missed that would have clued me that things were going south for him last night. :( He was still drinking enormous amounts of water, and I actually had a vet appt scheduled for him this week because I was concerned about how thin he felt to me. I am not sure if it was the GI issues that did it (although we at least know for sure he was eating / pooping a couple hours before), or something that I didn't know was wrong (maybe a tumor or something that was making him drink a lot / get so thin?) I'm just really beating myself up because I'd chalked up him being lethargic to him just being tired or even because he was on the thin side and that in itself was making him tired.

He was a great little guy, and although he'd only been in my home for about half a year I've known him for years and he was just an awesome bunny :( He always had a good attitude about everything and was very endearing. He was probably the most mellow natured of all my bunnies and the friendliest. I really wish he had been blessed with better health so we could have enjoyed his company longer and so that his life could have been more comfortable...

Rest in peace little guy.
Snugglesworth

Re: Twinkle

Postby Bindi » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Aww, binky free Twinkle x

Hugs x
Fuzzy Rabbit Moderator- please PM me if you have any complaints/queries etc.
I hope that you enjoy the forum!
Bindi

Postby nytquill17 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Oh, Snug :( I'm so sorry. But you really gave him your all and had your eye on him, please don't blame yourself. Thinking of you *hugs*
Thanks, Liv, it's lovely!

"Right, well, listen...gotta dash. There's a thing going. Well actually, four things. Well...four things, and a lizard."
nytquill17

Postby BrunosMama » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:37 am

I'm so sorry for you. Its always so hard when a little one passes on. They are so much like family and we get so attatched to them, no matter how long we have them. *hugs*
BrunosMama

Postby jennyc1013 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:07 am

Don't blame yourself. You looked after him as well as anyone could, and far, far better than most.
Does sound like he was peaceful at the end.

Binky free little one.
Buns - Custard. RIP Flopsy baby
Rats - RIP Ermine and Polecat
Cockatiel - Billy
jennyc1013

Postby Snugglesworth » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:36 pm

Thank you everyone...

We buried him out in the woods this morning in a nice little spot where there were some trees growing.

My biggest worry at this point is if it was bloat as the cause, which I know is painful. He'd had cases of it in the past. I'm just glad he is at peace right now.
Snugglesworth

Postby jennyc1013 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:11 am

If he was in pain, you know him well enough to have seen that something was wrong.
Buns - Custard. RIP Flopsy baby
Rats - RIP Ermine and Polecat
Cockatiel - Billy
jennyc1013

Postby Snugglesworth » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:26 am

Thanks Jenny... I appreciate everyone's support - even though I hadn't owned him as long as Bunny or Snuggles I still miss him a lot and it hurt to lose such a sweet bunny. My biggest regret is that my camera was broken and I didn't get a chance to take some pics of him when I got a new one. I think my MIL has a few, though.

Rest in peace, little buddy :(
Snugglesworth

Return to Rainbow Bridge